For the Osteology Case Session and Competition the three best oral regenerative cases will be selected for an oral presentation in the session "Next REGeneration: Where Research Meets Practice" on Friday morning. The best case presentation will be awarded a prize.
Submission period: 3 September 2019 to 31 January 2020
The three case presenters will be notified by 28 February 2020
Clinical cases can be submitted online on THE BOX, which is the Foundation's Community Platform. Only cases from the field of oral tissue regeneration and that were uploaded to the Case Box can be submitted for the Osteology Case Competitions.
Cases from the following categories can be submitted:
- Ridge Preservation
- Soft Tissue Augmentation / Regeneration around Teeth
- Soft Tissue Augmentation / Regeneration around Implants
- Vertical & Horizontal Bone augmentation
- Periodontal Regeneration
- Sinus Augmentation
A jury will evaluate the cases and select the three best cases. A vote by the users of THE BOX will account for 10% of the decision.
The authors of these three cases will be invited to present their cases on stage at the Osteology Symposium Orlando 2020 in the Session "Next REGeneration: Where Research Meets Practice" on Friday, April 24th, 2020, and receive a free registration to the congress including a special certificate.
A panel of judges will select the three cases to be presented and the winner of the oral case presentation
Winner of the Osteology Case Competition
Among the three presentations in the Case Session, the jury will select a winner.
The winner will receive an award for the best case presentation and a prize of US $1000
Criteria for the evaluation
- Treatment rationale
- Evidence-based approach
- Degree of novelty, originality
- Success of treatment outcome
- Image quality
- Discussion re biological principle of treatment
- Complete documentation (incl. patient information, procedure, complications, parameters etc.)
- Treatment follow-up of at least 6 months with 2 or more additional time-points
How to participate?
- Log in or, if you are new, register for THE BOX at www.box.osteology.org
- Join the Osteology Case Competition Group
- Go to group. In the tab “Cases” you will find the Case Competition.
- To submit a clinical case, you have to upload it to the Case Box first.
- To join the competition, click on “Submit a Case” and follow the instructions on the Case Competition page.
- Bookmark the group page by clicking on the little icon on the top right of the page.
- Add your friends in the Members section. Spread the word, add your colleagues, and ask them to vote for the best case (like). Their opinion counts for 10% of the decision in the end.